Sunday, March 18

Photo Dump 2

The first set of these pictures are from another outing to the harbor. This time we walked all the way to the tiny beach, which was on the opposite side of the harbor that I talked about in the last post. The second half of the pictures are of Kelburn campus, where most of my classes are. Enjoy!



 (My friends Paul, Catelyn, and Kathryn on the wall just above the beach.)

 (The ferry that goes back and forth between Wellington and the South Island.)

(Me enjoying the waves.)

(This is the main hill of Kelburn campus. Interestingly enough, if you walk it correctly, you can be start off on the second floor of one building, walk to the third floor of the one next door, then walk across bridge and be on the forth floor of another. That's one nice thing about having your campus on a hill, I guess.) 

 (Our campus marae, next door a building that looks like it's made out of lace.)

 (My favorite building: The School of Music. I think it's styled after traditional Japanese architecture.)

 (The courtyard.)

 (The wrap-around porches.)

 (A friendly butterfly that greeted me on my way into the building.)

 (Here are two really cool trees located near campus.)

 (Anybody know what kind of tree this might be?) 

 (The only perfectly flat part of campus. Reminds me of home.)

 (A little path from the field which leads to an area only a block away from my house.)

 (It also leads to the best graffiti I've seen so far.)




(Unfortunately, the day after I took these pictures, the entire wall had been painted over and new graffiti decorated it. Too bad because I think the old graffiti was better.) 

 (All hills lead...up to my house, apparently. Nice hairpin turn, don't you think?)

(A palm tree next to a neighbor's house.)

 (Wellington at dusk.)

(I guess this place is beginning to feel a little like home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment