Tuesday, May 8

The Wonderous, Windy, Whale-watching, and Winery Weekend (Part 3)

The next morning we got up bright and early. We had a two hour bus ride to the winery, but it included a quick stop at a small beach that gave us some awesome views.
(The morning light was spectacular.)


 (Mountains to the left, ocean to the right.)






It was really hard to get back on the bus after this. But off to more adventures.

Frankly, I found the winery rather boring after a day on a ferry, train, and boat enjoying landscapes, volcanic rocks, whales, and fish and chips. No offense meant towards makers or drinkers of wine, though I find grape vines to be extremely pleasing to the eye, I find nothing about wine pleasing to the tongue.


(I love the mountains in the background.)

(We had a lovely brunch together!)

After that it was back on the ferry for a finally journey back to Wellington. Here are some of the pictures from that beautiful trip.

(Beyond the fjords and into open ocean!)


 (This is one of my favorite photos from the entire trip so far. The blue water, the blue mountains, and the blue sky peaking through the biggest, most luscious clouds I've ever seen.) 

Sometimes I can't believe this place is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment