Thursday, February 2

Investments

One of the things I've spent a fair amount of time researching about NZ is its weather. I will be in the country from late summer to early winter season-wise, but from what I've heard the weather in Wellington is pretty mild. Though the weather doesn't get too extreme in terms of temperature, the weather can change rather rapidly. One minute it can be nice and sunny and the next, windy and rainy.

Considering how much time I hope to spend in NZ's great outdoors, we thought it best to invest in some quality outdoor wear. 


This jacket is completely wind-proof and rain-resistant. Frankly, it is the nicest jacket I have ever owned. It comes complete with ventilation zippers and adjustable hood. I can't wait to try it out!

Seeing as my old Keens (brand) were beginning to come apart, some new water-proof, hiking shoes were in order. They are unbelievably comfortable and I can hardly notice I'm even wearing them. The arch support is excellent. The backpack was a gift from my brother who knows more about quality backpacks and hiking gear than anyone else I know. It's specially designed to keep the weight of the bag off my back and shoulders and redirecting it onto the hips. It may be hard to see but this particular bag is designed to carry an ice ax should I feel so inclined (that's what the little clip in the middle and loop at the bottom are for, but perhaps I can find a different use for those parts?). Thanks, Jeff! :)

Lastly, I was just informed of my university housing! I will be living in the Te Kotahinga flats (single room, 4-6 room apartments with complete kitchens, washing machines, and relaxation areas) which are located about five minutes away from the Kelburn Campus: (http://www.victoria.ac.nz/university_hall/accomm/te-kotahinga/index.aspx). I was given several options for housing and this was my first choice! I'm thrilled! 


2 weeks and 1 day left for those of you keeping track at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment